Skip to main content

Welcome to the bloggiest blog

 Blog post #1 - Welcome to My Professional Blog aka the bloggiest blog


Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog post!! My name is Madison Parola and for those of you who do not know me I am originally from Mundelein Illinois. I am a Secondary English Education major graduating with my Honors College Degree! I am also on a pre-law path and intend to continue to law school following this year. I will find out more about my application status in the middle of this year. My path to law may seem arbitrary however I would like to work in reforming legislation for students to receive equal access to higher education. A dream of mine would be to work in the US department of education as an attorney!

Here is more information about the department of education that you could reference if you are interested in seeing how a career in law and teaching can intertwine: https://www.ed.gov/

I believe to make decisions for students, you have to be in front of them first! I may consider coming back to teach high school English if law does not pan out for me, hence my passion for the subject. I will use my teaching license either way since I would like to teach law classes after I get experience in my career. I know the importance of quality teachers as I was inspired by my high school English education and my criminal law teacher to pursue these careers.



The quote above is my favorite and gives more insight on how I try to approach others in my life. I try to be reflective about the way others react, like students whom are struggling since I know there could be a lot more going on outside of school. It is important that we recognize that people are human and we are all going to make mistakes. I have found a lot of value in this quote as it is a constant reminder to reflect on others.


Cant wait to read all of your blogs and figure out what I would like my topic to be moving forward! I have a few ideas going now!

Comments

  1. Hey Madison (this is Krystine),

    I hope you did well on your LSAT!!

    I really love your quote and it is so true. No one knows what someone is going through just by looking at them and it requires a connection and talking to the person to see if something is bothering them and a little kindness goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Madison!

    I think you are on such an interesting career path! I have a Political Science degree and was initially leaning towards law school before deciding to go for Social Studies Education, so I understand the excitement and anticipation you must be feeling awaiting your application status. I appreciate the link you gave to demonstrate how education and a legal career are intertwined.

    Like you, I also do not have an inquiry topic chosen yet-- there are so many ideas and it is hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Madison,
    I am so intrigued by your career path. I think its amazing. I had no idea to link teaching to another field as you have done. Most people think having a career as a teacher leads to classroom teachers in schools. It made me check into some other possible careers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Madison!
    I wanted to congratulate you on graduating soon with honors. I am really intrigued by your education path as you are finishing up education but really narrowing it down with law, Outstanding!
    I am excited to have you in class and learn from you... Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Madison! First and foremost - congratulations on graduating soon with honors! I wish you well on your pre-law career path and I can't wait to see your name on the list of attorneys for the US department of education. Also, I wanted to thank YOU for the quote - I need this warm reminder today! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wisconsin Assembly Bill (A.B) 40 - In-State Tuition for Undocumented Students

  My Visual Project!  is linked here!  An Example of a visual within the project:            Wisconsin Assembly Bill (A.B) 40 is the Act that I focus on in this visual presentation. At the beginning of this project, I wanted to show my process of finding the Act in the same manner that I had expected students to follow. Once I get there I will give insight into the policy and the history behind undocumented students in the United States not receiving in-state tuition. Notably, this is based upon the state's court so in this case, Wisconsin is a highly restrictive state for undocumented policies. I used Nearpod as a platform that was introduced to me in discussion 10 for the graduate project ( thank you, Emily).         I liked how the features were easy to use letting you collect images and videos directly on their page from the web and with the press of one button you can narrate each slide. I could quickly typ...

Educating the Educators on Education Policies

   Hi everyone! I hope that the start of your school year has been a good adjustment.  I decided that my topic will cover education law. Including but not limited to what education law is, court cases that are necessary to know to understand the form of law, and focusing on one area of education law that I have a passion for. During this semester I am working with Dr. Salto on research at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee towards the financial implications placed upon immigrant students pursuing higher education. I have only been researching for two weeks and I already learned a lot! I do not know an absorbent amount of information around this subject. I know that I would like to create equitable education for all students and that pursuing education law is one way I can ensure that. I am aware of brown v. the board of education and West Virginia v. Barnette, but I want to learn more details about those cases and others that have been briefly glossed over in my educa...